10 November 2008

What a Weekend!

I had an absolutely FABULOUS weekend with my friends in Chicago! We shopped, ate great food, and just had the time to talk-something we never seem to tire of!


This is the four of us outside the theater after we saw Wicked. I have to say that this is one of the best Broadway shows I have ever seen! If you have the opportunity to see it, you really should!
This is one of the Macy's windows-I had never seen them before! They were absolutely beautiful.

The hotel was gorgeous! We had a great time chatting there after dinner Saturday night!



One last picture taken at Water Tower. This trip had been in the works since we read Wicked last summer. It was a great way for the four of us to spend some much needed time together and to celebrate Michelle's birthday. I need to say thanks to my husband, Andy, for holding down things at home for me to do this! Michelle, Lisa and Sydney, thanks for a wonderful weekend. I can't quite put into words what this weekend meant to me. You three are the best! I am so blessed to have you in my life! Can't wait for the next trip!
And here is a video of my favorite song from Wicked-Defying Gravity. This is done by the original New York cast, but I think you'll see why I love it so much!



9 comments:

Kim H. said...

So AWESOME! I got goosebumps just watching the clip. I LOVED WICKED!!! I would see it again in a second! And what a wonderful weekend for you and your girlfriends - I absolutely think to be the best Moms we can be, we all need a break from time to time.

And boy, too bad Marshall Field's wasn't still around - although the windows from Macy's are great, I don't think they'll ever be as great as the Marshall Field's windows. :(

Hope you feel refreshed and rejuvenated and your "re-entry" wasn't too bad!

Hugs!

Amy said...

That is great you got to do a girls night out. Those are always nice :D

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time and that you enjoyed Wicked! Miss Saigon will always be my favorite Broadway show, but Wicked was a close second!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time and that you enjoyed Wicked. Miss Saigon will always be my favorite Broadway show, but Wicked is a close second!

Nikki said...

I am sooo jealous. It sounds like you had a great weekend. How nice to get out with the girls!

I gave you an award at my blog. Stop by and pick it up :)

Herd Momma said...

Ok. for new visitors to your blog. Which lovely lady is you? I am guessing the dark hair lady with the huge 'NO KIDS FOR THE WEEKEND' smile! and dressed in RED!

Anonymous said...

How fun. I am so jealous. I can't wait to see this.
Tera CoL

Brandie said...

looks and sounds like you had a blast! i've never been to a broadway show - and hope to someday!

Sydney said...

It was an awesome trip wasn't it?! I had a blast hanging out with you three... I hope we're able to do it again sooner rather than later! You guys are the best!