06 November 2008

I had a thought today...

First of all, thank you for all the well wishes for Michael. His fever is gone, so he is doing better. We actually got out to Target this morning. It felt really good to get out!

So, as I was reading my new bloggy friend, Amy's post this morning, she was talking about explaining to her husband who all of these people are in the blogosphere. I often have the same conversation with Andy.

It is almost a year since I began blogging. I did it for myself. I didn't realize how many great people I would meet. Of course, I only know them through comments I've left or vice versa, and a few I actually email now on a regular basis. Suddenly, I was reminded of Pen Pals. My son, Peter has a Pen Pal in 3rd grade this year. He loves getting letters from her and writing her back. I kind of feel the same way, except, I wish you were right here. It is amazing what a big, yet small world this truly is!

5 comments:

Brandie said...

I agree!! I have a hard time explaining my 'online' friends to my husband. He thinks it's weird and I can't get him to understand all the wonderful friends I've made on here, even despite not having met any of them 'in person'. It's amazing the community of friends we have on goodreads/facebook/and blogger! I absolutely love it because I feel like I have friends to bounce things off of and who'll listen to me.

Susie said...

It is really cool. I have met some of my blogging friends in person and it is soooooo much fun:-)

Kim H. said...

I never really got the whole "online" friends thing - until I started BLOGGING. Now I feel so BLESSED - to have met such wonderful, inspiraitonal women, living day to day, doing the best they can, striving towards Heaven.

And yes, it is a small crazy world - I bet if we talk about your U of D years we'd come up with some people we both know....now wait....I think you went to U of D....I hope I'm not having a senior moment and confusing you with someone else! :)

Kim H. said...

Okay, I'm confusing you with another blogger...at least about the college thing I think....but I bet since we're both from the Midwest we've got some other connetions out there! :)

Either way I love my blogging buddies - and some year we're all going to meet and get together! :)

Herd Momma said...

I LOVE YOU LADIES!!! This is so much fun. I had a pen pal in Fourth Grade and we stayed writing til about 8th then I don't know what happened. I have always loved writing to friends. And having friends who are sailing in the same boat I am makes it all the more special. We all get that our husbands don't get it. And how much we need each other. Kim H. you crack me up. Lately I have made so many new friends that I can't remember who lives where!
Love you Therese. So glad you are getting your weekend away. Take lots of notes we want to hear allll about Wicked!