07 November 2008

For your listening and viewing pleasure! F X 4

So, this week has been rotten with the outcome of the election and the sickness that won't seem to end (Michael's fever is back. I think he has an ear infection now. I will take him in later today).

I am, however, seeing a ray of hope! I am leaving tomorrow! OK, not permanently, but I am spending the weekend in Chicago with my friends, Syd, Lisa and Michelle. Michelle had an important birthday last month, and wanted to celebrate with us. We will be shopping, eating good food, going to Mass at the Cathedral on Saturday(I cannot say how excited I am to be going to Mass without kids pulling on me so I can, you know, pray!). We will be seeing Wicked on Sunday, and I am thrilled!

I need to get through today, though, which will include taking Michael to the doctor. My older boys are off of school today because of conferences-they are doing great, by the way! They are actually the point of this post. I have 2 videos to share.

The first is "I like to move it". This is a favorite of my hubby and the boys.



I'm not crazy about some of the lyrics, but I do enjoy seeing the boys hop around to it, and it does get us moving!

The other video is a classic. I have to explain a bit. Drew has been walking around literally for years saying, "Shake your hiney!" All on his own. Yesterday, he was talking about booty. I told him that "Shake your booty!" was the song he had been singing for years, but it actually was booty, not hiney. As I write this post, he is telling me how much he likes this song. Classic never grow old, do they?



Have a great weekend, everyone! I know I will. I am sure I will have pictures to share!

For more pictures, be sure to check out Candid Carrie!

4 comments:

Frizzy said...

FYI, The first video won't play. It says it's no longer available. The second video is too fun and who wouldn't want to get up and dance to it. I agree with your son. Have a great weekend with the girls! I heard Wicked is awesome. Also, I hope your husband feels better soon and that the weekend improves. Sorry to hear you had a bad week. I'll be praying for traveling mercies for you.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the well wishes...the video seems to be working again!

Also, it is my 3 year iold who is sick, not my hubby! Thanks goodness!

Sooz said...

Yep my kids like the first one too. And KC! Boy I haven't heard that song in a while. Have a wonderful time on your trip!

Anonymous said...

I was sick all week with a double ear infection...but I got back to work on school today!..my ears still hurt but the medicine is helping!! finally!!...hope Michael feels better soon! Have fun on your trip! Drew's dance is so funny! Tell the boys I say hi!