05 November 2008

I need to vent...

I am tired. No doubt about it, I am one exhausted Mama! Michael is sick, again (let's not confuse this with when he had a stomach bug a week ago). He has the virus that is going around these parts. Cough (not really croup), congestion, and a fever of 103 that only stays down if I alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 3-4 hours. This is day 3. Surely we are coming to an end, right?

What is frustrating are the habits that are being formed right now. He is watching too much TV (I know, turn it off), but he has no energy for anything else. All he wants is Tom and Jerry. I hate Tom and Jerry. The other problem is that if I don't get him what he needs, I mean, wants quickly enough, he is screaming at me (like this is acceptable behavior). I am very frustrated. It is hard to reason with a 3 year old, much less one who feels awful! I am tired.

5 comments:

Susie said...

You should be tired. It's hard work nursing a child back to health. Rest when you can. This too shall pass.

Clare LoCoco said...

ouch! sorry bout tough days! yea i never liked tom/jerry either....marthas obsessed!

Ellen said...

Hang in there, Therese! Tom and Jerry is the worst. I don't know why it appeals to kids. I never liked it!

Therese said...

((((((((HUGS))))))))) always make me feel better. Hope your little one is better soon.

Herd Momma said...

+++++Energy+++++++ There. I just sent Michael some of Joseph's energy. I am home with Joseph who has strep. He keeps telling me he is all better and needs to go to school. I inform no he is not. Get back on that sofa and lay down and don't touch anything! Nobody else wants strep. Not working....I want him to lay down and watch a movie but, he wants to play on the computer and draw and play with the train set...
We will say a prayer or Michael that he is better soon and you can get some rest.