17 November 2008

Christmas Preparations!

Andy and I have begun our annual Christmas project. In 2000, we began a tradition of making ornaments. We make a ton of them, 50-60, and we primarily give them out at Andy's office, but we also give them to family and friends. At Andy's office, they are already asking what this year's ornament will be. It is a lot of fun. On the boy's last day of school before break, I pick them up, and we go to the college and go office to office handing them out.

Over the next few weeks, I am going to share what we've done leading up to this year's ornament. It is hard to believe that this is our 9th ornament, but we have a lot of fun designing them and making them. The kids like to help, too! My secret ambition is to one day have them published in an ornament making guide. Our first ornaments were OK, but as the years go on, we have come up with some really great ideas.

Today, I am sharing our ornaments from 2000 and 2001.
This reindeer was from 2000. It is the one that started it all. It is made from 2 clothespins, paint, googly eyes and a bit of ribbon.
This one was from 2001. It is very simple, and honestly, not one of my favorites, but it is a part of the collection, and as such deserves to be shown. Since 2001, we have thought and designed a lot, so as never to have a repeat of 2001!
Check back next Monday for more ornament fun!

5 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

Oh, I love the reindeer's gold booties. The second ornament reminds me of a starfish. Does each year's ornament have a little bit of glitz or was that just a fluke?

Allison said...

What a great tradition!

Therese said...

They are cute Therese. I really love them.

Therese

Gramma 2 Many said...

Waiting anxiously for Monday so I can see more. Your kids will always remember this special time. That is what is the most important. Not how professional the ornaments are.

Susie said...

What a neat tradition! I can't wait to see what you come up with this year.