05 November 2008

The day after...

I feel like I am walking around in a fog this morning. No, it is not the fact that Michael is sick again (as of this morning, I think he has croup). My heart is heavy as we face the dawn of an Obama presidency. Yesterday, part of me refused to believe it was possible that he could win. Deep down, I thought he would. At 10 PM, his fate was sealed.

So, today, I am fearful. I do not know what this change will bring to our world. I am fearful that troops will be pulled from Iraq too soon making us look weak, leaving us open to more terrorism. I am fearful for our economy. My husband pointed out an article that points out that FDR's policies prolonged the Depression by seven years. I am fearful that we will be headed in this direction if Obama and the Democratic led House and Senate really do put redistribution of wealth to the test. I am also fearful that FOCA will become a reality leading to abortion at any point in a pregnancy paid for by taxpayers, as well as loss of parental notification.

There is not much room for hope today. And so, I pray.

7 comments:

Sooz said...

Hi Therese, I saw your comment over on Amy's blog and I came over to read your entry. I have a heavy heart today, for in addition to the presidential election, here locally, the "death with dignity" initiative passed, which saddens me even more. Here's a link to a local article about the initiative: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004115054_death09m.html
I can't believe this passed :(.

writermom said...

I opened my prayerbook last night for some inspiration, and it flipped open to a page that read, "My ways are not your ways ..." All things are in His plan, and we need to trust in the Lord at this uncertain time. As our Priest said at Mass yesterday, no matter who our President is, we serve a higher King - AMEN! Peace and love to you, T!

Nikki said...

I am joining you in those prayers. I am renewed in my vocation to motherhood. Our children are going to have some tough battles to fight after even 4 years of this man.

When I broke the news to my girls, I told them we had to pray more, sacrifice more, and fight harder. Above all, though, we have to trust and hope in God.

Corinne said...

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm in the dumps, not to mention all the other things that passed yesterday. Well, America got what it wanted, it's all we deserve, it's what the majority wants, I'm afraid and very saddened, but in many ways not surprised.

Jessica Turner said...

Do not fear. Fear is not of the Lord. You may be encouraged by what my pastor had to say today: www.withoutwax.tv.

Candid Carrie said...

It was tough to discuss the election results with my children this morning. The all-school vote had been McCain three to one. I honestly believed America would follow suit.

My prayers have been mumble jumbled and are even hard for me to understand.

Amy said...

No matter what happens, we all have to keep God above all others.