01 April 2008

A is for April Fool's

So, today I am starting my first official month on Nablopomo, and I am going to try and write something every day for one month. They came up with a theme-letters. I am not sure if I will use that every day, but I decided to start with the letter A because today is the first day of April, also known as April Fool's Day.

I have never been a big fan of April Fool's maybe because I have never thought I was creative enough to come up with a gag on my own. I do remember when I was in about second grade, the twins in my grade switched classes. That actually was pretty funny because the whole class was in on it. The teachers never caught on, and the boys finally owned up to it because they were bursting with excitement.

I was reminded of this story this morning as I was trying to explain April Fool's to my oldest son, Peter. He and Drew are at a funny age in that they try to make up their own jokes, and they think they are hilarious, but they don't seem to make sense to anyone else. This afternoon, Peter tried to fool his cousin, Tim with the "made you look" trick. As you can guess, it didn't work. I guess I should be glad he hasn't quite figured it out yet. Seeing as I am the only female in my household, I have a sneaking suspicion that in a few years I am in for real trouble!

No comments: