16 April 2008

A little teary eyed this morning...


After a late night last night, I was full of energy this morning. Not wanting to waste the day, I got a jump start on things, and then left Michael with Meghan to go run errands. One of the items on my list was to go and buy Peter's dress pants and shirt for his First Communion which is two weeks from Saturday.


As I was in the store, I got tears in my eyes. I can't believe that Peter is about to receive his First Communion, that he is almost eight. Where has the time gone? I remember when he was a baby, Andy and I almost wishing our lives away. It was always things like, "I can't wait until he crawls, I can't wait until he walks, etc." Now, I think to myself, "I can't believe he is eight." He is ready for this step and I am so proud of him.


We are lucky in that our school is connected physically to our Church and we have 24 hour perpetual adoration. Peter loves to stop in after school. It is the ending to his day. I was fortunate enough to be in church the other day with him. I was in line for Confession, and he was coming to join me. He stopped at the foot of the altar, knelt on both knees in front of the Blessed Sacrament, and prayed for a few minutes. I love seeing the peace and joy that fills him when he does this. He shared with me what he has been praying for, "Mom, I am asking Jesus for a baby sister." We'll see what happens...

No comments: