19 April 2008

Pope Benedict XVI

I am sitting here watching the coverage of the Pope in New York City. I was truly fortunate at age 19 to have been blessed by Pope John Paul II while I was studying in Rome in 1990. Now, my nieces are in New York to see the Pope, and I am praying for all of the blessings that I felt in Rome to be felt by them during this trip.

I am a practicing Roman Catholic, and proud of it! My parents gave my siblings and I that gift, and I cannot thank them enough for it. I am often saddened when I hear of people who have fallen away from the Church, and I pray for them to come back one day.

I am watching Pope Benedict XVI as he blesses children with disabilities. The mothers look so hopeful as they receive his blessing. It makes me realize how fortunate I am to have three healthy sons. It also gives me hope to watch this visit. Hope for my family, hope for the Church. During these days of his visit, I continue to pray for him as the leader of the Church, and for those who will see him. I pray for peace for the Church and for the world.

No comments: