18 April 2008

M is for Michael

A couple of weeks ago, I had Michael at the doctor for an ear infection. There was a woman sitting there, waiting to be called, with her 5 month old son. He sat quietly as my 2 1/2 year old terrorized the waiting room. "I just love that age!" The woman exclaimed to me. I asked her if she had other children-she didn't. I told her to just wait and see (she has no idea what she is talking about).

Personally, in my opinion, this is one of the hardest ages between 18 months and 3 because they are trying to spread their little wings, and they don't quite have enough language or enough common sense. Michael is very independent, and stubborn. I think he is much more stubborn than my older two boys. He knows what he wants, and he wants it at that second. If he doesn't get it, it is tantrum time or he pulls his chair over to what he wants and climbs to it! And it is making this Mama tired. I love you, Michael, and can't wait for you to get a little older so we can get past this stage.

No comments: