07 June 2008

Work at Home

I am fortunate enough to be a WAHM (work at home mom). I have said this many times before, that I consider myself very fortunate to be able to use my degrees, and work from home. Even a few years ago, this would not have been possible.

In my teaching position, I actually have 3 roles I perform for the company. I teach, of course, but I also have a team of teachers that I help to navigate through the company. I give them feedback on their observations, an.d I point them in the right direction should problems arise. My third role is as a substitute. So many hours a week, I am on-call. This means that I have to sit at my computer in case they need me to go in and teach. During this time, I can do pretty much whatever I want, as long as they can get a hold of me over our messaging system. I can visit my favorite sites and blogs-in a nutshell, I am getting paid to surf!!!

There is a down-side to this last position, however. Boredom. Saturdays are a prime example. I am on-call from 8-12. Four hours is a long time to sit and do nothing. I hope to not have this position for much longer. Eventually, I want to be a supervisor, but those jobs are few and far between, and I haven't paid my dues yet. In the meantime, I am going to try to move over to monitoring teachers. I think I have a lot to bring to that position, and it would move me in the right direction.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Go back over to SITS, there is ANOTHER contest for a custom banner OR one of Shannon's pre-designed templates.

It's not too late!

Unknown said...

Hey Therese,

What a great blog entry! It's good to see you're happy doing what you're doing, even though it may cut into your Saturday. You have a unique opportunity here, and you should take advantage! Again, great post.

Now, I'm an official Microsoft ambassador and right now we're really trying to scale up our connections with influential bloggers like yourself. I'd love to share with you some of the stuff we've been doing in the last couple months to help women entrepreneurs; we're really committed to providing all the necessary resources to help women start, grow and expand their business.

We just wrapped up a women's entrepreneurial tour across the US called “Vision To Venture;” the response and turn-out was great!
I'd really love your take on these offerings we have right now; I would have contacted you via email but I didn't know which was the best way to reach you.

Thank you so much, I hope I didn't overstep my bounds by directly contacting you. Definitely get back to me if I’ve piqued your interest-- I’d love to share more info with you.

Best,
Kimberly
Official Microsoft Ambassador
k-rosenberg@live.com