15 June 2008

Home for Father's Day

Let me start out by saying Happy Father's Day!

This year was a tad different than any we've had before-we stayed home! Normally we spend the day going out to Jefferson, but due to the flooding around my in-laws town (Thank God not in their house so far!), we were unable to make the journey. I have to say that it was a little sad to me to not go out to Jefferson. With rising gas prices, we haven't gone out there as often, and I was looking forward to seeing Andy's parents. We'll have to plan for another weekend after the water has gone down.

We have made the most of the day. The boys helped me make breakfast which we followed up with presents. I bought Andy the camera he has wanted literally for years. I have to say that I scored big on that one! To be honest, I think this was one of the best reactions I have gotten from him on a gift before (Yeah, Me!). The rest of the day has been spent with Mass and family time. It has been a good day. I am so blessed that my husband is such a wonderful father!

No comments: