13 June 2008

Blog Envy

I am going through a serious case of blog envy! Ever since I joined SITS (well actually before that, but it has gotten worse), I have been introduced to a lot of really cool blogs. Mama's Losin' It and Ravings of a Mad Housewife are two of my new favorites, but the list is growing every day! Before I thought of blogging as a way of getting my thoughts out and reading to keep up on my friends (Sydney's blog is always my first read!), but now I am realizing how much more is really out there, and some of it is REALLY funny! It is also leaving me with a serious case of blog envy!

Here's my problem. I have dabbled in the world of writing by blogging-something I NEVER thought I'd do, but I find myself loving it. When I look at these other blogs though, I realize what an amateur I really am. I get really excited when someone leaves a comment, especially someone I don't know, but that is 1 comment. These other blogs-some of them have upwards of 80-100 comments per post! The most I have ever had was 7 about a post asking for comment love (and ideas on how to save money on groceries). These women are really funny, and I am really jealous!

Where does this leave me? I guess just here in my very tiny, obscure part of the blogosphere. I will continue to share my mundane musings and hope, just hope, that one day...OK, it will never happen, but I can dream, can't I?

PS-If you happen across this and feel the need to leave me some comment love, I would greatly appreciate it. I could use a boost today!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i feel your pain sister... I read some of these AWESOME blogs & I feel like a dummy. I write like a 7th grader... but OH WELL... I LOVE it, & feel like it helps to keep me positive... Although your blog may not be about poopy diaper funny stories... You have something to share... see I could totally relate to you. Hang in there... glad I could be your first comment! ; )

Sydney said...

You know I love you Therese!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way too Chick! I subscribe to your blog, and I read them all, so even if I don't always comment, I am here for you. I am a very amateur blogger compared to others, I'm working on it, so there! :p

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, I am so flattered that you would put me up there as a great blogger! You're going to make me cry.

Honestly, I'm so new at this, I can't even make links without goofing them up and retrying 5 or 6 times. Before today and the whole SITS comment-tsunami, the most comments I had on a post were 7! SITS will feature you, too! Your time will come! :)

Keep writing, and I think the key to getting lots of comments is leaving lots of in depth comments on other people's blogs! That's how I found you! :)

Feel free to pump up my bottomless pit of low self-esteem as often as you can... I am a comment junkie. :)

I'm adding you to my mommy list!

Anonymous said...

I can relate. I'm just starting to feel my way around this whole blogging thing and it really feels like I'm visiting a foreign country... I love your thoughtful posts.

Tip Junkie said...

Just go for it! I'm completely insecure with my writing and get blenvy all the time. (plus I can't spell and my grammar's terrible.) But that's what we bloggers do is put ourselves out there. You've got a lot to contribute! I say, give it a try.

Ellen said...

I love your new layout! Fabulous.