03 June 2008

Home is where my heart is...

I am so lucky to be able to stay at home and watch my boys grow. I have friends who have not been able to do the same, and every time I hear one of them speak with sadness over missing their child, it makes me so grateful that Andy and I have found a way to make this work.

When I had Peter, we really were not sure how we would make ends meet. As the years have gone on, it has amazed me how technology has made my working from home possible. Now, I am sitting here watching Michael put together the same puzzle for the fifth time, and I am thankful that I am here to be able to do it.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Hi Therese, when I clicked onto your page from the blogroll it brought me to an advertisement instead. I don't think this was your intention (or maybe it was), but I thought I would let you know.

Ellen said...

I should say the nablopomo blogroll.....oops.

Brenda said...

I couldn't agree more with you, Therese. My relationship with my son amazes me; we are so very close and connected, and I truly believe a big part of that is from all of the time we are able to spend together. I have to admit, though, the first two years were pretty tough for me at home with Kurt. Things are a lot easier these days, though, and now I miss him terribly whenever we are apart. Even while I work just 6 hours a week during the school year, I think of him a lot and can't wait to get home to him. I'm so happy I made the commitment to stay at home with him. It's been one of the best decisions I've ever made, and I know that he reaps so many benefits from it.

Susie said...

I am so glad that Jeff and I have figured out a way to do it too. Seeing Cassi graduate this weekend just highlighted everything that I missed so now, I am savoring every minute with Daneilla.