08 July 2010

Recipe Swap Thursday-Vegetarian Edition!

Recipe Swap Thursday

Welcome to Recipe Swap Thursday where I post a recipe, and ask you to do the same! This week's theme is vegetarian, and I have one of my all-time favorite recipes going up today! It's yummy, and super easy!

Pasta with Broccoli

1 pound spaghetti

1 16 ounce package broccoli florets (I use the frozen as a time saver, but you can also do fresh)

Parmesan cheese

Boil water and add salt once it boils. Drop in the pasta and the broccoli. Cook until al dente. Drain off most, but not all of the water (the pasta will absorb it). Plate pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan to your liking (I do a lot of parm on this dish). Enjoy!

************************************************************************************

This dish can be used as a side or a main meal. Growing up, we had it as a main meal. It was and still is one of my favorites! I always asked for it on my birthday!

Now it's your turn, what vegetarian favorite are you sharing? Leave the link to your post in the linky below!

3 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

MMMmmmmmm, might have to try this one tonight! We are out of groceries but have broccoli and noodles and parmesan cheese!

I entered a recipe, but it is one I posted a long time ago.

Question:
Do you use fresh parm cheese? Or the sprinkle kind in the green container? We have both right now.

Unknown said...

Good question, Jamie! I prefer fresh, but often have to use the green kind...my kids are cheese hogs! I often say that I can't afford their cheese habit! LOL!

Anonymous said...

This sounds great! And So easy!