01 July 2010

Recipe Swap Thursday-4th of July!

Recipe Swap Thursday

For today's recipe, I am sharing my Mom's Pound Cake recipe, which makes for a lovely Strawberry Shortcake-perfect for 4th of July!

Mama's Pound Cake

3 sticks butter

3 C sugar

5 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp almond extract

3 C flour

3/4 C white soda (like 7-up or Sprite)

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and almond extract. Alternately add in flour and white soda, careful not to over mix. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 325 for 75 minutes. Once cooled and on a serving platter, dust with powdered sugar.

Serve with berries and whipped cream. Enjoy!

Now it is your turn! What do you like to serve on 4th of July? Add your blog post link below:



1 comment:

Colleen said...

Pound cake is a favorite of mine! My recipe calls for 4 sticks of butter, so I'm thinking I should try this reduced fat version ;)