09 January 2010

Tonight

As a last minute decision, we decided to attend Mass tonight. We normally only do this when we have something like travelling on Sunday, but for whatever reason, we decided to go tonight. The older boys were ready as were Andy and I. Michael had been in a nice sweatsuit (I know, seriously? for Church? but it was Saturday night and it's very cold, and he is only 4, so I decided to be OK with it). I asked Peter to get Michael's shoes on while I got Alex together.

So, we run out to the van. As we are driving to Church, I realize that I forgot the diaper bag! I say a quick prayer that she would have no blowouts during Mass (Thankfully, she didn't). Then, I turn to look at Michael. He has his dress shoes on-with sweats. I sigh and let it go. As we are walking into Church, I look again. Not only is he in dress shoes, but they are two different shoes, two different sizes and both for the left foot! Next time I'll learn to either start getting ready earlier or insist we go on Sunday.

As an aside, even though it was my oldest Peter who caused this amazing fashion statement, his heart really is in the right place. Peter loves to draw, and as he sat making a map tonight, he scattered it with crosses. He explained to me that the crosses represented all of the Churches so that if someone wanted to go to Church there would always be one close by. "Isn't that a great idea, Mom?" Yes, Peter, it most certainly is! (He also recently told me that he thinks it is a great idea to go to Mass every day-I love this boy!).

11 comments:

Christy said...

the shoes are too funny!

Peter is so sweet-I know that just melted your heart!

Allison said...

Hilarious!

I LUV how you kept finding MORE...

Dawn said...

What a sweet boy! And mom.

Karyn @ Candarbry Garden said...

Catching up on my blog, reading, and commenting. I got your Christmas picture. Thank you, what beautiful children! I don't even have everyones school year pictures yet. You are so on top of things most of the time, I am sure the shoe thing was just a strange fluke... Funny though! Karyn

Dawn said...

Very funny! It's good to just let things be once in a while :) Glad to see he likes daily Mass!

Nancy said...

Cute story! I shared the story about the map with Nathan, he thought that was a great idea!

Holli said...

That was a great story to share! How cute :)

Herd Momma said...

SO Great! I love this. With twins this has happened more than once where a kid is wearing two left shoes. And the dress shoes with sweats is great! Thanks for the chuckle.

Sarah - Kala said...

Adorable and sweet!

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
Peter has some lovely ideas - where we live, we travel 90 kilometres to go to church. :)

Have a great week,
Blessings,
Jillian

Anne said...

Love the two different shoes! My husband did that not too long ago, the price you pay for getting up super early and dressing in the dark for work!

You are very blessed that your son asks to go to daily Mass! Hope you can indulge him!