20 January 2010

Michael

We went to Mass this morning as Peter was serving at the all-school Mass. Andy is out helping with his Dad which meant that I was on my own with Michael and Alex.

It started out well enough. Alex snuggled into me, taking her bottle. Then Michael started, "Mom, hold me!" Could be heard throughout the church. "Love, love, love!" was next from my dear sweet son!

Then we went up for Communion. Michael screamed as I walked up, "BUT I WANT ONE! I WANT ONE! I WANT ONE!" He was speaking of Eucharist. I quietly walked back to the pew. As we knelt for the Blessed Sacrament to be exposed (we have Perpetual Adoration), one last comment from the peanut gallery 4 year old, "Can we go home now?" I am sure many in church were thinking, "Yes, please GO!!!"

3 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

I have a 5 year old who always wants what the 3 year old has, books, mama, etc...and many a Mass will say quite loudly, towards the end "I hate going to church, I want to go home, it's borin'" SO embarrassing and how do I change her mind?

Sarah - Kala said...

I feel for the parents, but you know, I usually chuckle when I hear this going on.

Gramma 2 Many said...

I remember one time a priest stopped and asked the parents to remove a child from the service. My thought was, would Jesus have done that?
Clearly, the parent probably should have of his/her own accord, but maybe there was something being said that they needed to hear.