07 January 2010

Review: Bible Proofs for Catholic Truths

I have the distinct pleasure of reviewing Bible Proofs for Catholic Truths: A Source Book for Apologists and Inquirers by Dave Armstrong. I was drawn to this book for its use of the Bible to explain the teachings of the Church. So often, I have heard that the problem with Catholicism is that teachings are not based in Sacred Scripture. This book proves that claim totally false!

Bible Proofs is divided into 115 thematic headings with over 2000 biblical proofs to give truth to Catholic teaching. The book is very easy to read, as well as very easy to use when looking for an explanation of a specific topic. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to find this book as it will be a great source book in years to come!

This review was written as part of the Catholic book Reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on Bible Proofs for Catholic Truths.

3 comments:

Dave Armstrong said...

Thank you kindly, Therese. A blessed new year to you and yours.

And kudos to you as a ("mostly") stay-at-home mom. My wife Jusy home-schools our four. It's the Lord's work, and the most important work in the world (I always say).

Dave Armstrong said...

It's Judy, not "Jusy". LOL

Dawn said...

Sounds like a great book. Thanks for the review!