29 October 2009

Recipe Swap Thursday!

Looking for a new recipe? It is that time again! Let's swap recipes-just grab the code from my sidebar and add it to your post. Then come back and leave the link to your post in the comments section here.


My friend, Lisa, has been sending me some great recipes lately. After the baby was born, she surprised me with my favorite soup so, I thought I would share the recipe. By the way, it is a healthier version of the original and super yummy! Enjoy!


Broccoli Soup


4c chicken or vegetable broth
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c chopped carrots
1 tbsp dried onion (or 1/4 c fresh onion)
3 c frozen or fresh broccoli, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 can evaporated skim milk
2 tbsp corn starch
1/2 c low-fat shredded cheddar cheese


Drizzle olive oil into pan over medium burner. Saute garlic, carrot and onion until soft. Add broth and broccoli. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, or until broccoli is soft. Puree soup in blender (or use immersion blender in pot) to desired smoothness. Mix can of evap. milk and corn starch, then slowly stir into the soup while stirring. Bring mixture up toward a boil until thickened, then turn back down to med-low. Stir while sprinkling cheese into soup.


Now, it's your turn! Share a recipe-I am really looking for some new ideas, aren't you?

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Here's my recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese......

http://benotafraidnancy.blogspot.com/2009/10/receipe-swap-thursday.html

Sydney said...

Here's mine! It's easy and it's a favorite!

http://diapers-and-deadlines.blogspot.com/2009/10/recipe-swap-thursday-beef-parmesan.html

Herd Momma said...

This looks so yummy. Going to the store today. THink I"ll pick up some ingredients.
My recipe is at www.thewordfromtheherd.blogspot.com A great baked chicken recipe.

Allison said...

Here's mine! It's a homemade sloppy joe
http://brokenfortress.blogspot.com/2009/10/recipe-swap-thursday_29.html

Anonymous said...

Yum!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
Your soup sounds absolutely delicious - I have my recipe up here, too - sorry that it's a little late.

http://homeschooling4christ.blogspot.com/2009/10/golden-syrup-dumplings.html
Blessings,
Jillian
<><