22 October 2009

Recipe Swap Thursday!

It's that time again! Time to share your favorite recipes so we can all start cooking something different!
Go ahead and grab the code from the sidebar, to link me up to you , and leave the link to your post in the comments section so we can see what you are sharing!
For Alex's Baptism on Sunday, I served roast beef and gravy, so I thought I would share that.
Roast Beef and Gravy
1 beef roast
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1/2 stick of butter
water
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Place roast in pan, and sprinkle with onion soup. Dot top with butter. Pour about an inch of water into the bottom of the pan (drizzle some of the water over the onion soup to moisten). Cook in 325 degree oven for 3 hours. Take out roast and let rest for 10 minutes. In the meantime, heat the drippings in the pan (and water) to boiling and stir in the cream of mushroom soup. If gravy does not seem thick enough, you can thicken it with cornstarch mixed in cold water (directions on the cornstarch box). Slice roast and return to gravy. Cook for an additional 1-2 hours.
This was my Mom's method for making roast, and I have found that it makes the meat very tender.
So, what recipe are you sharing today?

6 comments:

Karyn @ Candarbry Garden said...

Yay, I did it, I posted a recipe so I can link to your recipe swap! I am so proud! Actually, it isn't a measuring recipe, I don't do instructions very well! But pop on over and check out my very yummy soup!

Karyn @ Candarbry Garden said...

OOps, I got so excited, I forgot to leave you this.
http://candarbrygarden.blogspot.com/2009/10/dinner-time.html

Therese said...

http://aussiecoffeeshop.blogspot.com/2009/10/recipe-swap-thursday_22.html

I have the recipe for Butterscotch Ice Cream on my blog today.

Sydney said...

I'm sharing one of my favorite salsa recipes... hoping to warm up this cold, rainy, Wisconsin day!

http://diapers-and-deadlines.blogspot.com/2009/10/recipe-swap-thursday-impossible.html

Allison said...

Here's mine! It's cake mix cookies!

http://brokenfortress.blogspot.com/2009/10/recipe-swap-thursday_22.html

Anonymous said...

Yum, yum!