02 October 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday!




This is my first time participating, but I feel like I have a lot of little things to say, so I thought I'd give it a try!




1. I started teaching again last night. I know-only 3 weeks after baby! I only would have gotten one more week, and with hours being so low and having the recent pay-cut, I figured I could handle it. I taught 2 hours last night from the comfort of my bedroom. The only downside? I missed my baby girl very much!




2. Speaking of work, I received an email asking that I apply to be a math content writer! I am hoping that this is the window God is opening for me after not getting the Lead Teacher position. Please say a prayer for this one as it would be a good move within the company. I have to write a math lesson to submit with my resume. It's on linear equations-UGH!




3. You know the saying that when God sends a baby, he sends a loaf of bread? I always have looked for the mega loaf with every baby. When Alexandra was born, I kind of decided that there wouldn't be one what with my pay cut and Andy's wage freeze. I decided to be content with the fact that I could still stay at home with my kids, and teach in the evenings online. What I have realized is that God has sent us many mini-loaves this time of which I am very grateful!




4. I really dropped the ball with Recipe Swap Thursday! I am so sleep deprived, that I totally forgot. I felt really bad about it. I am going to pre-post next week.




5. I have also dropped the ball on the gift for Shawna's baby, Maggie. Really, Shawna, it's almost done!




6. I had to run up to school this morning with Drew's baptism pictures for religion class today. I am forgetting a lot lately, and not liking it. I know I need to cut myself a break. Alex is only 3 weeks, but I don't like feeling so disorganized.




7. Speaking of 3 weeks old, here is my little Alexandra:




8 comments:

Brandie said...

she is SOOO cute!

Sarah - Kala said...

Pretty baby girl!!!

Therese said...

don't stress yourself about the recipe swap. Wait till I have this baby. I won't be getting anything else done. Well if it is like the last babies I have had.

Nancy said...

Uh oh....I think I've forgotton the recipe swap thing for two weeks now! I'm so sorry! Next week...I'll remember...I swear!

Please give that litte pink Angel a kiss from me! You have no idea how much I wish I could hold her!
You are in my prayers about the job thing!

Love ya

Frizzy said...

I love this post idea and may participate next Friday. I will keep the job in my prayers for you. There is always a plan.

Anonymous said...

Alex= cutest.baby.ever.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Routine will be coming back soon. Along with it will be sleep. You just need to keep on keeping on:)
Love the pictures. She is so beautiful and healthy. I hope I will have the opportunity to snuggle and smell her sweet baby smell some day.
Prayers for the job too.

Melissa said...

Your baby is adorable!
I know how you feel about being disorganized - I have to remind myself that it takes time to get back into the swing of things after having a baby.