1. Candy corn: Your thoughts ?
Not so much. I can eat one or two, but it is way too sweet!
2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)
On the day Andy and I met, I spent a lot of the day telling him how I loved my single life, and how I wasn't really looking for a relationship. We were engaged 3 months later!
3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?
I do love vegetables, so I probably could, but at some point I would miss meat!
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?
We have fish, so that's a no.
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).
I miss the singing/dance contests I used to have with my siblings and cousins.
I do believe it is why I loved to perform in plays in high school.
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?
I won trophies with my team in volleyball and softball in grade school, as well as
medals in Forensics in high school.
Can't think of anything I deserve a trophy for currently-maybe most sleep deprived (Jamie may fight me for that one though!).
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?
I would say the day after Thanksgiving.
8. What's your favorite board game?
I have a few. I have great memories of playing Scrabble as a family growing up.
I can't wait to do that when my kids are older.
Right now, my favorite board games to play as a family are Monopoly and Blokus.
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?
I love them! It was really hard for me when I married into Andy's family
because there were no surprises. Often I knew ahead of time
what they were giving me for Christmas. Now, they know that I like to
be surprised. Andy is great at surprising me. On the flip side, he hates
surprises (no 40th surprise party for him this year!).
10. Is it easy for you to say "I'm sorry?"
I have been told before that I say it too much, including times when it isn't my fault!
11. What is your favorite candle scent?
Cinnamon, pumpkin spice and ginger are all my favorites. I love to have them burning this time of year.
12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?
I would serve things like taco dip and cold veggie pizza because they are favorites of mine.
More likely, I would not have an open house, but have a dinner party where I cooked a full meal which would definitely be something Italian like pasta with sauce made with meatballs sausage and beef (YUM!).
I would show them pictures of the kids because they are my shining stars!