02 July 2008

Comfort Food




Last night, was a night of Comfort Food in many ways. I met up with my friends Lisa, Sydney and Michelle for some good Chinese food, and a fun night of conversation over the book we just read, Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs. If you are looking for a light summer read, then this book is for you!

The past week has been a rough one, and I am glad that I had the comfort of my friends to help through this difficult time. I want to thank those of you who have left comments on my blog offering prayers and support. In particular, I want to thank Candid Carrie who emailed me personally with ideas of how to support the family of the little girl who died, as well as writing her own story in her blog. She is an amazing woman that I feel blessed to have met in the bloggy world!


4 comments:

Sydney said...

Love you Therese! I thank God that he brought me four such wonderful friends in you, Lisa, and Michelle. There's strength in numbers, and I'm glad you're on my team!

Candid Carrie said...

I can't believe you guys didn't call me, I am an hour away and I love Chineese food. Can you have a do over? Pah-leeze?

Amy said...

Ahh, Chinese Food! I wish I could have been there too!

I am glad to hear you had some good food, good friends and oh a good book too, nothing better! (except maybe some chocolate...heehee)

Take care!

Sydney said...

oh there was chocolate. in little shot glass sized desserts. Amy and Carrie, we'll hit you guys up next time!