29 July 2009

Mom?

I spend a lot of time each day answering questions from Michael. He is by far the most inquisitive of my boys for his age (almost 4). He just loves to ask me things. When he starts to ask questions he knows the answers too, I sometimes get frustrated, but I answer nonetheless because I don't want to squelch his curiosity.

Last night, we took the boys for a ride, and got ice cream. We like to do this in the summer and go to the airport to watch planes take off and land.

As we were driving to the airport, ice cream in hand, Michael starts with his usual, "Mom?" I say, "Yes, Michael?" wondering what the next question will be. Last night's was, "How do boogers get in my nose?" I told him that sometimes we breathe in dirt and it becomes boogers. His response, "And then I pick them and eat them!"

I know, gross, but it was one of those moments I had to share!

7 comments:

Gabriella said...

Lovely :) ahahahah!
Do keep a little notebook and jot in all your children's comments - they will love reading it one day ...
My children are grown up now but I remember one of my boys when he was about 6 came back from school one day looking thoughtful and at table that evening boldly came out with "my friends at school say that father Christmas doesn't exist, that it's you mom and dad that leave the presents under the tree, is this true?".
My husband looked at him and said: "What do you think?"
He thought for a while, then he said: "no, can't be! You're not that rich!!"

Dawn said...

Oh no!

Anonymous said...

haha, gross, but funny!

Therese said...

lol. It is great that you are writing them down on here. Our Sam use to ask the most bizarre questions and I wish I had them all written down. We had a great conversation about ants once on a trip to my in laws.

Sarah - Kala said...

good one. My girl (oh, do I dare sell her out here? yeah, why not) used to pick and eat when she was just beginning to walk. It grossed me out so bad I would shiver every time I looked at her after seeing her do that. I would just say "Icky! NO no no, baby girl. Yuck!" and take her hand out of her mouth, lead her to the bathroom and help her wash her hands.

Uff!

Therese said...

I think I am glad I have 4 boys. Things like this don't gross me out now as much as they use too.

Herd Momma said...

Boys are Great, aren't they? My mom gets on me for sharing too much sometimes. I tell her 'everybody does it. it keeps us sane!' Proof our kids are normal. That Michael is a hoot. I can't wait to hear his comments about a baby in the house. And a girl to boot! Great stuff to come. Take care of you. enjoy every little kick, move, and discomfort. I too enjoyed being pregnant. Even with all it's discomfort and drama it is such an amazing experience.