1. Andy discovered a new tool on Picasa. It has face recognition technology. So, it separates people into their own files. It even could detect baby and adult photos of the same individual and put them together. For the most part, everyone in my family (extended included) ended up in their own files. The exception was Michael, who landed in a lot of files, which proves to me that he is a mix of both sides of out family.
2. A photo of me as a a baby did land in Alex's folder. I guess she looks like her Mama:
3. Work continues to frustrate me. I was scheduled only an hour this week. I mean, seriously, do they really think that we can call that income? I am very blessed to be able to teach from home, and have a job, but hours need to go up.
4. In light of the fact that I have no hours, I found a new site called oDesk. It links you with companies looking for people to complete tasks for them like data entry. The issue I am having is that my resume makes me look like I have no experience. All of my work experience on there is teaching related. The data entry work I did dates back to the early 90's.
5. Michael got sick at dinner last night. He threw up just that one time, but still doesn't seem quite right. It led Andy and I to decide that I needed to cancel my plans for tomorrow night (my niece's play) because he will be gone too, and I couldn't let my sister babysit Michael and Alex if we have something going through the house.
6. My nephew's football team plays in the semi-finals tomorrow. If they win, they go to State. This is a big deal because their high school has not gone in a long time. My nephew is a senior, so I am hoping for him that they win. This game is where Andy, Peter and Drew will be tomorrow night. Go Hilltoppers!
7. I host a Recipe Swap on Thursdays. I am ecstatic for the readers who continue to participate, but would love to have more! I just love hearing new recipes, and look for new ideas!
For more Quick Takes, pop over to Jen's.