04 September 2009

Important! Please read!

I just spoke with Evy (Gramma 2 Many). There are a couple of things I need to address. She is a real person, a very good friend, and excellent blogger (check her out!). I found out today that she has been sneakily emailing some of you about a bloggy baby shower. Those emails were, in fact, real (and VERY sweet, Evy!!!)

At some point today, her facebook account was hacked into which led to her email also being hijacked. Some of you may have received an email saying that she was in London, and needed money. This is in fact an email scam which you can read about here: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jl1swzmUCchz3h7vGSDgztx78BdA

If you received one of these emails, please delete it immediately. Evy is not in London, she is at home, and definitely not looking for money. It doesn't appear to have a virus attached to it, however, you may want to run a virus scan just to be safe.

Sorry that this happened to Evy, and hopefully no one else got scammed either!

5 comments:

Kim H. said...

Hmmmm....I have no idea what you're talking about...baby bloggy shower (cough)(cough)....

I did get that e-mail. I knew right away it was a scam -- I mean, come on, it's the oldest trick in the book and unfortunately I've gotten something similar through craiglist.

No harm done -- and of course, I still love her and all her conservativeness to pieces!!! :)

Shannon said...

This is the 2nd blogger I've heard about today that's had their email hacked...

UGH, how frustrating.

Sarah - Kala said...

Jamie had this happen to her . . . I was trying to remember who the other blogger was that I keep in email contact with . . . and I don't know anything about a baby shower. (ahem)

Gramma 2 Many said...

Thanks, Therese. My daughter Angie responded to the e-mail saying she did not know I was out of the country and what can she do to help. She got an e-mail back giving her instructions where to wire money to.
I am so sorry to everyone who has received this e-mail. Trust me, I am at home and I do not need any money.

Jamie Jo said...

Yes, this same thing happened to me last Spring, had to switch to g-mail. I guess they do not hack into anything else, just email addresses, in the hopes of someone sending them money. If they hacked into anything else, it is tracable and they'd be in jail, at least that's what our computer man told us!! What a pain, I'm still trying to get all my old contacts back, lost everything. It happened right after I broke my leg, so people were calling me asking what I was doing in London!!!!