13 December 2008

When it rains, it pours!

I am talking about work. After the care of my children, my other job is to teach online in a remediation program. I teach third through ninth grade reading and math online. I love it! I have been able to stay at home with my kids. In the evenings, when my husband comes home, we have dinner as a family, and I am off to teach, in my room, in my jammies (because they only hear me!). I have been with the company for almost 3 years, and find it to be a great fit for us. I am working my way up the management ladder, but I do love being able to use my degree and teach.

So the raining and pouring bit? We have a peak season because of contracts we have with school districts. During peak, we have more hours than we know what to do! My first year it ran from February until July. Last year, I didn't really go through peak because I was helping out with the new classroom platform that we have, but I know it started in January. This year, it has hit. This week. I have two other positions in the company, so when it isn't peak, I have only a handful of teaching hours and I focus on my other duties. Right now, I have a lot of work, and a lot of teaching! I love it, but boy, is it crazy!

2 comments:

Susie said...

Good luck juggling it all! You get such fullfillment from it:-) I know you can make it work!

Kim H. said...

You are doing great -- keep finding your balance (and your happy place :) and you'll get through it. You are truly blessed to have the best of 'both' worlds. And I'm sure although sometimes it's hard and stressful, your reward will be far greater than you ever realized.

Had a carmel apple cider today and thought of you...you know, the one I got with my free coupon. :)

Hugs!