14 December 2008

A Day of Fun and Baking!

Today, we made our trek to my in-laws to help them prepare for Christmas.
Andy and the boys went with my father-in-law to go get the tree while my mother-in-law and I did
our annual baking.

I was lucky enough to catch this shot of Andy helping Michael hang an ornament. Andy is such a wonderful father! I love hoe patient he is with the boys. I need to take a lesson from him!

We baked so much, I couldn't get them all in one picture! We made peanut butter blossoms, amaretti, magic cookie bars (like some, Kim?!?)...

Italian sprinkle cookies, Mexican wedding cakes and peppermint bark. I still have to do my cut-outs, gingerbread and macaroons. I'll be working on those tomorrow!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Susie said...

Wow!! That looks so yummy, Therese!!

Herd Momma said...

fizzil...... That was my balloon. I was so proud of myself for getting 6 dozen cut out sugar cookies done today, then I see this. This is what I was aiming for. However, the kids got into the cutting out and sprinkling so that took longer. But, the cookies did turn out great. I still have dough to finish up. Then I like to bake cranberry bread.
Congrats on a great day at the in-laws. Love the pic of Andy and Michael. It's a keeper!

Sherri said...

I wish I was your neighbor!!! I am wanting some treats!!!

Therese said...

Yum Yum Yum. I'll be over tomorrow for coffee and treats.

I have passed the Marie Antionette Award onto you Therese.

Therese

Dawn said...

Fun! It's always so much better to share this season with family! We begin our baking this week. The kids will be doing most of it, it's one of our Christmas Break homeschool lessons :)..gotta keep schooling now matter what! ;D

Holli said...

Wow!! That's alot of cookies Therese.....boy do they look good :)

Kim H. said...

STOP THE COOKIE MADNESS!!!! Seriously you gals got a lot of cookie sheets. And I had to hold back from licking the monitor - those peanut butter blossoms looked DELISH! Would you mind e-mailing me your peppermint bark recipe? Is it hard? Could I do it? Please, please, with sugar on top? :)

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh!!! Those look so good! My feet hurt just looking at all those cookies (that's cuz my feet kill me after baking all day)!!
Yummy, yummy!!

Luanne said...

Wow, my daughter and I just went to the store to get stuff for our cookie baking day. It is a family tradition that we do every year. Yours look awesome!