28 April 2009

More Michaelisms

Michael is continuing to surprise us with what he is saying. At 3 1/2, he really says some unexpected things.

For example, he is teaching his older brothers about the proper use of can/may. Drew will ask, "Michael, can I have that?" Michael says, "Yes, you MAY" (emphasizing the word may).

After the ultrasound yesterday, Peter and Drew were thrilled at the prospect of having a sister. Michael, however, is not. He heard Andy on the phone saying, "It's a girl." To which he responded, "No, Dad, it's a boy!" Later in the day, he told his cousin, Annie, "I say the baby is a boy, but Mom and Dad say it's a girl." In one last attempt at a boy, When asked what we should name the baby, he responded, "Boy." Poor thing!

9 comments:

Nancy said...

And he will be "smitten" with her the moment he lays eyes on her!!

Clare said...

oh michael!

Frizzy said...

I'll have to agree with what Nancy and Clare said.

Kmommy said...

How precious :)

Anonymous said...

I love when little ones give their philosophy on life. The may/can thing cracks me up. I used to have students ask, Can I go to the bathroom? I'd ask (like all other teachers do lol) I don't know CAN you? lol

Herd Momma said...

He's too sweet. And just to make sure he's wrong be sure t have that area extra checked when you go back for those extra measurements, 'kay?

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

Kim H. said...

He's one determined little bugger!

Amanda said...

All my 3 boys wanted a brother when I was expecting my last. Our friends would all wish for a girl for us but the kids would tell them that they wanted a boy.

They got what they wanted... we are now the proud parents of 4 boys. The "baby" is now 18 months.