13 August 2008

Saucy Eats Contest!

The SITS Saucy Eats site is having a recipe contest. I am entering one of my favorites-Beef Stroganoff. I hope you enjoy it!

Beef Stroganoff

1 small onion, diced
1-16 ounce package button mushrooms, sliced
1 T olive oil
2 T flour
2 pounds beef stew meat
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1-16 ounce container sour cream
¼ C Worcestershire sauce
Water
Egg noodles, cooked and buttered


Saute onion and mushrooms in olive oil. When onions are translucent, sprinkle in 2 TBSP flour and stir. Allow flour to cook through. Add in stew meat and brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce. Add water as needed to loosen sauce. Place in a 325 degree oven for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over buttered egg noodles.

5 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

That sounds nice and easy!

Shannon said...

Good luck!... even though you are my competition, hee hee ;)

Deanna said...

This sounds nummy yummy!!!

I tagged you on my blog ~play along if you have time.

Amy said...

that sounds so good. Good luck, I entered too :)

Corinne said...

Hey, I was inspired! I made this last night and it was a big hit, and easy too, Thanks! Church last night was great, it sounded like the roof was going to blow off!! I love when I can't even hear myself singing.