27 August 2008

MIA

Sorry I have been MIA the past few days. The children in my household have increased from 3 to 6! I guess I should explain lest you all think I suddenly had triplets! My sister and brother-in-law are taking their older girls down to school, and I have the youngest three: Meghan, 13; John, 12; and Tim, 8. Tim is only 12 days younger than Peter, so I have a set of twins right now.

I have learned the key to a big family-SCHEDULE. We have a daily schedule right now-what I wanted to do with my three boys all summer. It really does help. The kids aren't constantly asking what is happening next-they just know! I'll have to remember this, and stick to it, next summer.

My niece and nephews are staying until next Monday. In the meantime, we have Kindergarten night tonight for Drew, and school supply drop-off day tomorrow for the rest (they all go to school together). Soccer has also started, so even though we have not had the official start of school yet, we are getting into the swing of things.

For those of you wondering, my plan is to get back into school mode, and have a time each day to read my favorite blogs (you know who you are). I know a couple of you have asked where I am-I am here and reading, but kind of on the fly this week...comment love is coming back-I promise!!!

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Sounds like you have been quite busy!!

Kudos to you for taking on the extra kiddos!! Isn't it fun though!!!

Have fun getting all the school supplies off to school.

Good luck!

Amy said...

Bless you with all those kids there! I had 4 this summer and it was chaos.

Shannon said...

Whew, you've got a house full! But I'm sure yours are having fun with their cousins there :)

Kelly said...

I completely understand the hectic-ness of this time of year. From 3 to 6 kids?! That's a big jump - even though it's temporary!! Take care of yourself and see (your posts) soon!!