26 June 2009

What's going on/On my mind...

It has been a busy week! I am very tired tonight, and hope to turn in early. Hopefully this babe will co-operate. I feel like we have been running all week. We have, between our mini-vacation, and my mother-in-law's surgery, been on the go. My mother-in-law is slowly improving. She needed a blood transfusion earlier today, which is pretty typical of her type of surgery. She will come home, most likely, early next week, and Andy will go out to stay with his folks for a couple of days to lend a hand.

He was out there today (it's about an hour one-way), and we all will run out in the morning to see her. Then we will drive back, leaving the hospital by eleven, because I have plans!!! I am going to see A Chorus Line which is in town. I have loved the music since I was a young girl, and have always wanted to see it. Lisa, one of my best friends, had tickets and invited me to go with her. I cannot wait!

Other than that, trying to come up with the routine that will be the rest of summer. I believe that on Wednesdays my sister and I will each take the other's boys for half the day so we can grocery shop on our double coupon days. The boys have had free reign the past week with video games and such, but I informed them that as of Monday video games will be put away during the week. I plan to have them do some reading among other things to keep their skills up during the summer.

Monday I have two fun things on my plate-one last ultrasound in the morning, and book club in the evening. I am not quite done with the book, but plan on finishing over the weekend. I will write about it after we meet.

Lastly, kind of glued to the news these days. The deaths of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson have started it. FF's death, while expected, has been sad for me. I admired her resolution and determination to fight the disease, and she often reminded me of my Dad and his struggle with a similar cancer. May she rest in peace.

I have to say that I have been shocked, but not, over MJ's death. I think I never expected him to live a long life. I prefer to remember him as the icon of the 80s that I grew up with, rather than the troubled man of the last decade and a half. My prayer is that he had time to make peace with God before his death.

4 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

busy busy girl.
It is a bit sad all the attention given to MJ at the expense of FF and Ed McMann.
Enjoy the show. I love going to live performances. I know you will treasure your time with your friend.
Glad your M-I-L is making progress. Surgery is difficult at any age.

Nancy said...

Wow!! Take it easy, Therese! Make sure you rest too!

My feelings EXACTLY about FF & MJ.
I'm walking around feeling a little depressed and sad. It's all very overwhelming to me and a vivid reminder that my generation...once young and vibrant...is getting older...getting sicker and my mortality is stuck in the middle of that somewhere.

Herd Momma said...

Saw on FB that you enjoyed the show. I'm so glad you got to go. On FF and MJ I totally ditto you. I was sad that MJ's death overshadowed FF so much. Tom and I flipped all around through channels that night and would only see a few minutes on FF every now and then.
Let me know how that whole put away video games goes. William as been glued to his DS. Last B&B show is at 2pm today then next week, things change.
Blessings on your last ultrasound. Love ya!
Amy

Dawn said...

Busy, eh? Did you already go to your show? Hope you had a great time!