02 February 2010

5 minutes

I just wanted five minutes. Michael hasn't napped in 2 years. Alex was down and I am really tired. I was up a lot last night with what I think was pink eye. At least, I think it was, but it is completely gone today! (Can it last only 24 hours?) So, again, just 5 minutes.

I was going to read this afternoon. I have book club tomorrow. I am not finished yet. I am trying, but I could not read last night because of said eye. So, I thought, maybe I will just rest for 15 minutes and then I will keep reading. I said, "Michael, let's get comfty (his word) and watch a show." Except I should know. Mama and Daddy's water bed is like an amusement park. Why did I keep trying for.an.hour.? Because I just wanted 5 minutes. And, as my dear sweet Michael hopped off and went to play, I thought, "Yes! Five minutes!" Alex woke up!

Off to pick up kids and then hopefully post something worthwhile here about my weekend!

8 comments:

Allison said...

Hm, I've never heard of pink eye only lasting 24 hours. Pink eye is an infection in your eye. I've had it and it's not pretty. Many times you need antibiotic eye drops to get rid of the infection. And your eye has goo coming out of it from the infection.
So you probably just had something irritating your eye, as infections don't normally clear on their own, especially so quickly.

Sorry you're having a rough day! I hope your evening is more relaxing!

Clare LoCoco said...

OOh im sorry! *Come on kiddies, give your mama five minutes peace!*
btw, im getting you the picture book five minutes peace.

Kim H. said...

I know it's hard in the moment, but there will come a time when we'll want them back for just five minutes -- when they're too big or too busy or live too far away. For now, like you, I can't imagine that. I often say the same thing when I'm just trying to get through a cup of warm coffee.

And I don't know about the 24 pinkeye. If it's goopy in the morning, don't mess around. Get some drops. I HATE PINKEYE!!! It's so contagious in our family.

Hugs, honey!

Christy said...

I hope you are able to rest tonight!! I am struggling to find those five minutes myself and so far they are pretty unattainable. I am not sure if that is even a word!

Teri said...

Five minutes with a little guy is like a week. Whew. I remember those days.

Dawn said...

Aaargh! Frustrating!

Anonymous said...

Hi Therese,
Sometimes five minutes can be so hard to find. :P

Have a great week,
Blessings,
Jillian

Karyn @ Candarbry Garden said...

Sometimes I would meet Jon at the door, purse in hand and tell him I was taking a mommy hour. Then I woud go get a coffee, head to target and relax for a peaceful, restful hour! I mean, he can
t lose or forget one of them in an hour can he?