11 March 2008

Influenza-It's an epidemic!

So, last week, my sister came down with influenza. Now this is not stomach flu (I always feel the need to explain this), but the yucky, achy, fevered, coughing kind that lands you in bed for days. Mary had it last week, as well as her son, Tim. I knew it was just a matter of time...

Friday morning, my Drew woke up with it. After five days, he is headed back to school tomorrow. Michael came down with it on Sunday (which by the way was around the time that Mary's husband, John, and the rest of her kids living at home came down with it). Drew was sick, but not too bad. He only ran a fever for 2 days, and really is doing well now. My Michael, on the other hand, has been downright sad to watch. Sobbing, clingy, no energy. It really is hard to watch such a little one be so sick. On the other hand, I am loving the extra snuggles that I am getting because of it. What am I not enjoying? The fact that now, I have it too!

1 comment:

writermom said...

yuk! See, I knew something was up with you ... so sorry. All the illness here doesn't add up to that mess. Feel better soon - me