28 February 2008

Still a teen at heart...

Sunday night I was watching TV, and I saw a promo for Oprah the next day...RICK SPRINGFIELD was in the promo and scheduled to appear!!! For those of you who don't know, but most of you do, Rick was my teen heartthrob. I bought all of his albums in the 80's, and even departed from Guiding Light for a time to watch him on General Hospital. So, imagine my surprise and excitement when I saw the commercial. Of course, I NEVER watch Oprah-at least not in recent years- 4 PM is just too busy around the house. I love the invention of the DVR. It was invented for moments like this!

Well, it took me until this afternoon to watch it. He was only on for 20 minutes, but it was a fantastic interview (and he performed the classic Jessie's Girl)! He also went to Milwaukee to surprise one of his "biggest fans" with tickets to the show on Oprah. Come on! Doesn't he know that, to this day, I am still one of his biggest fans? I still remember seeing him on the old main stage at Summerfest when I was 13. My oldest brother, who was 23 at the time, took me, his baby sister to see Rick. It actually is something my family still teases me about. I have bought pretty much every album or CD including his more recent stuff (The Day After Yesterday is fabulous by the way!). It actually is kind of embarrassing. I am 37, and he is, well, almost 60 (we can all hope to look that good at 60!), and I still LOVE his music!

No comments: