19 May 2008

Sometimes I hate technology!

Last week, I was lucky enough to get paid for both my teaching job and my essay scoring job on the same day. Unfortunately, there was a problem with both of my checks. Sometimes I really hate technology.

So, here's what happened. My teaching job started using a new time sheet tracker at the beginning of the year. There seems to be oodles and oodles of glitches with the program. For the third time (out of approximately 8 pay periods, so that is almost half), the program has added time that is not mine. The first time it was a whopping 18 hours, the second, 10 hours, and this last time, 9. I have been very good about reporting the error. What irks me is that they will take the money back when you least expect it. I mean, I know it is theirs, and I do put the money aside so that when my check is less I still have the funds, but the whole issue is annoying me. Especially the last time. I knew the glitch was there and I notified my manager BEFORE payroll had to go in. HE DIDN'T CORRECT IT! I am hoping that one day the glitch will be fixed.

So, onto job #2. My last pay period for essay scoring was combined between a training rate and my regular hourly rate. Apparently when they ran payroll, someone forgot to change the rates and all of us were paid at the training rate. So, you guessed it, I was shorted on this check. They are much quicker at rectifying the situation. The shortage will be in my account tomorrow.

I am really lucky to be able to work from home. I love technology, for the most part, but these payroll glitches are really driving me crazy!!!

No comments: