12 February 2016

Day 3: First Friday of Lent

Lent is off to a good start. I have stayed off of Facebook and all games. My hubby has made sure that I see any pictures of our beautiful great nieces and nephews. I truly don't feel disconnected. I mean, I've reached for my phone out of habit, but the apps are gone. I don't even feel sad. I am like, oh, that's right and I move on.

One the flip side, I am renewing my love of reading! It has been so long! I started with something light- The Supreme Macaroni Company by Adriana Trigiani. It's the third book in a trilogy that I started years ago. The family is very Italian culturally so I can totally relate. I started it 2 nights ago and I am already 60% complete (kindle).

I also have some less fluffy type reading planned. I started The Root Cause a while ago, but put it down. I have been diagnosed with Hashi's and I am trying to come to terms with what I need to do to feel better. I will be picking that one up soon.

Also on tap will be some spiritual reading. For those that know me in real life, I tend to get really sleepy when I read something heavy. I will persevere.

Other than that, just keeping on. With the job I started last October, I work every other weekend. Right now, I am on day 2 of 6 in a row. By Tuesday night, I will be mush. I am used to it, but it is hard as I spend the weekend not so connected to my family. I am attempting to settle on a Mass. I work Saturdays from 8-5 and Sundays from 9-6. There are options but they aren't my parish. Sigh...need to get this figured out.

What are you up to this weekend? Comment so I can live vicariously through someone who is not working! :)

No comments: